2016年4月1日星期五

Reflective Writing 1

At first, I was not really clear about the concept of  “Culture and Society”. But when I finished our first photo board task, I was able to understand how the society related to culture and what is the concept of it. Furthermore, I have known that how can those significant factors structured a Culture background, and how is that affect people and society.

  I have uploaded four photos are respectively about culture, history, human, and identity. First, at culture aspect, I have talked about in China it is important to be together with all the family members at the end of the year which is a typical culture symbol in China. But when I browse the community, I found out that there is a lot of common grounds between my country and those who from other countries. This is somehow we are related as human beings even we are from the different race or area. Secondly, it is about identity. When I browse the identity part, indeed that we are sharing commons in some aspects, however, individually, we are still totally different from one another. Generally, this is also the reflect of how individually culture background affects people, people only notice the difference and individual particularity when they into another country or culture. ( Ryan, 2010, p. IX)
  
  Then comes to the human part which I was most considered about. I wrote about racism and all the other kinds of discrimination.  There is still a lot of people disturbed by all the different kinds of discrimination such as sexual preference, gender or appearance. This is a horrible thought pattern that ingrained in some people’s mind, and it is also intangible which means it is not easily to change. To achieve human equality rights, there is still a long way to go.
  
  To the history range, I felt really delightful to share the abundant history of China, but it’s too long to talk about so I choose the China traditional uniform. Actually, there are thousands of forms of traditional uniform for ancient China, but the most representative one is Han Fu. This is complicated because China has experienced 24 different dynasties, and it is interesting that some Western country like to criticize China but they do not really understand the complicated situation. There is 5000 years history of China and there have 56 different races in China. Besides the behavior or beliefs, there is still invisible part of the social system. Hall (1976) believes that to totally understand a culture people need to actively involve in this culture. Therefore, there is no one actually have the right to make any criticisms of other culture or society. It is important to be respect and understanding.

  To viewing the photo board posting was really an experience of enriching my knowledge of culture and society. It made me understand the difference between cultures and how is that affect people and society. In addition, it makes me more comprehensive and respect for others.

Words count: 505


Reference   

Ryan, M. (2010)
  Preface
  Cultural studies: A Practical Introduction

Hall, E., T. (1976)
  Edward T. Halls Iceberg Model
  Beyond Cultures

没有评论:

发表评论